Be sure yours works, and that you have one (or more) ! Here are some important facts you should know:
- Check whether you own a recalled model (Kidde.com) and find out about replacements
- Make sure you have the right type and size for certain areas. It should have a metal operating lever and rated ABC meaning it puts out the dry chemical (monoammonium phosphate)
- If you have a rechargeable extinguisher, get it serviced yearly, or buy a new one every two years for smaller ones.
- Pull the safety pin BEFORE you squeeze aim at the base of the fire.
- BUY ONE BEFORE YOU NEED IT!